Scarf of the day #20 Buxton


 It's been a long time since I have been to a Buxton game, but they were the first non-league team that I took an interest in. This scarf must be from the 1980s. As a kid I really enjoyed visiting the old club shop with its array of random souvenirs from other clubs and programmes from across the league. I remember getting a Barrow pennant there and for some reason the programmes from other clubs that most stick in my mind are from Wales - Bangor and Colwyn Bay.

I also met Neil Warnock there and got his autograph, when he was manager of Burton Albion. That was when he was still a chiropodist rather than Colin. Strange to think that Warnock was managing Burton Albion in the Northern Premier League, considering what both he, individually and the club of Burton have done since. Buxton however are still in the Northern Premier League (which is a level below what it was then) and have also spent some time in the Northern Counties East.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boca Juniors shirt history

shirt history AS Roma

Sud Tribune, Dortmund