Scarf of the day #15 Cagliari

 



Following on from Lazio and my year in Rome yesterday, I spent the season that followed on the island of Sardinia. My local team and the team that I really followed were Sassari Torres. However, it was always good to have a trip to Cagliari now and again and a trip to the Sant' elia was always part of those trips. The trip wasn't that talented and the president, Massimo Cellino was universally disliked and they were ultimately relegated from Serie A. Patrick Mboma up front was probably one of the highlights. 

That said, it was when the whole of the stadium was looking good having been revamped 10 years earlier for the World Cup and you did get to see some of the stars of Serie A. The first game I saw there was a 0-3 defeat against Udinese. Unfortunately, one of their rare wins during the period was a 1-0 victory over Roma with an Mboma winner, which I was also present at. The best game was probably a 3-2 defeat to a star studded Parma that included a young Buffon in goals. A 2-2 draw with Bologna also sticks in the mind, but mainly because I was passed some counterfeit notes by club officials and enjoyed some limoncella with the Bologna fans too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund