Ukraine under 19s v Dynamo Kyiv under 19s



Another cancelled flight and another bonus match. This time I was on a bit of a skive though, as I had a computer on which to do the work I was missing in Cambridge on, which nicely added to the stress of being stranded.

This was a real bonus though as I have always wanted to see a game at Bannikov and as it is situated 5 minutes from our flat it was too good an opportunity to miss.

The Ukraine under 19s were scheduled to play Slovakia, but they had had the same problems in getting to Ukraine as we were having getting out, so a hastily arranged game against Dynamo was arranged for the day.

I can't say that I have much of a clue as to what was going on, as the PA system was only pumping out the type of dreadful techno you hear at Crimean resorts and the scoreboard just had a series of random numbers on it. I was also hampered by Sean's constant questioning and fiddling with the camera. Needless to say I can't remember who took which photo and some of his are probably better than my poor efforts.

Anyway, it was still an enjoyable experience and both teams had soem decent young players. The national team ran out 4-0 winners with 2 goals in each half.

The top picture shows some random match action and the bottom shows Dynamo saving a Ukraine shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund