And the season goes out with a whimper

I may as well think about writing my end of season review, as I was hoping to get to a game or two once I got back from Ukraine, but it wasn't to be. Most of the non-league had finished and there was only the lower divisions of the league left, which meant Norwich, which I wasn't keen on and had already sold out ages ago. I toyed with the idea of going to York v Oxford in the play off final on Sunday, but the 5 o'clock kick off and not being able to get a seat near Phil finally put me off. I was still living in a hope a game would come up, but I've more or less given up on the idea now.

Tomorrow is the FA Cup final and I was due to go into work, but had already cancelled when it looked like Villa might be in it, but we will be watching Chelsea v Portsmouth on the box instead.

On Wednesday I went down the pub with Matt to watch Fulham v Atletico and it was quite an enjoyable evening even if the result was ultimately disappointing.

For the record Villa finished a predictable 6th and Ely a respectable 9th.

For some reason I can't muster up much enthusiasm for the World Cup, which is strange as it seems that people who don't show any interest in football, the type of people who live in Cambridge and still think Cambridge are a league club go football crazy, although that's perhaps what's putting me off. To be honest I've been enjoying the rugby league on the telly and am looking forward to the next round of the cup more than the World Cup. There really is something wrong with me. I need to think about penning that end of season review. I'll be back with that shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund