This weekend and up for the cup

It's back as Sky keep telling us. That will be the Premier League, allegedly the greatest league in the World, if you believe Rupert Murdoch, and why wouldn't you? (Ha Ha). It will probably be the first competetive game of the season that I go to too.

Most Pro and semi pro teams started last Saturday, but I was at Villa Park for the friendly against Fiorentina. Villa take on Wigan tomorrow, so let's hope they get off to a flying start.

On the local front, and probably the game I will go to, Ely take on Wisbech in the FA Cup qualifying rounds. So if the media have noticed this year, and let's presume they haven't with all the salivating over the return of the Premiership, it will be time to see patronising articles, as journalists try and act all humble at lower league clubs. In that case let's hope they haven't. I have to say I did enjoy the first round where Andy Townsend was visibly suffering at Histon last season though, really, a day out at Histon is as qualty as it gets for some of us.

Anyway, back to Ely, just for a moment. Ely City will be playing Wisbech, as I just said, and for me this is a must win game as they really did the Robins over home and away last season. It also represents my last chance to see the Robins for a week, as although they take on Newmarket in midweek I won't be around to see it. I really think I should go to the Ely game, as people might start thinking I'm fairweather after missing the first home game of the season last week.

My other option is for a first visit to Histon in a mouthwatering tie against Oxford United. I really think I should make more effort to get to Histon on week, but I don't know if this will be the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund