More football from the darkside

On Tuesday night the Ely first team took on Dereham away and ran out 3-2 winners, which was a pretty good result. However, I wasn't there and had to wait until the day after for my live football fix, as Ely Reserves took on Manea, in what was for them a preseason family. I could have stayed at home and watched England pull back from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 with Holland, but I didn't.

The performance wasn't as convincing as the last time I went down to see the reserves and I wonder if the friendlies are against weaker clubs in order to bolster confidence in the season after a poor season for the reserves last season.

Ely won this encounter 2-1. They played pretty well in the first half, and went in 2 up at the break. The second half after a few substitutions saw Manea take charge. However, one of their better shots knocked my pint off the fence. In the end the game finished 2-1 to the Robins.

For most of the game Sean dribbled a ball up the sideline and Nadiya complained about then not kicking out the match ball near her. She did get a touch in the end, and it wasn't a bad evening out, although perhaps predictably the football on offer wasn't the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boca Juniors shirt history

shirt history AS Roma

Sud Tribune, Dortmund