A friendly with more than a few goals

Yesterday I actually had the day off and I had nothing planned so I decided to go and watch the reserves. They were playing Northwold, who I can't find any information about whatsoever. the only player I recognised from Ely was Steve Bell, who I thought would be the best player on the pitch and duly responded by putting Ely 1-0 up. However, he wasn't the best player for Ely. They put on a mystery player after 20 minutes and substitiuted him with 20 minutes left, but in that time he had a huge impact and Ely scored 6 of the 8 goals that they would eventually win by.

I have know idea who this player was but he was clearly playing below his level and I have a sneaking suspicion that he may have played for Histon and Cambridge City in the past. I'm just hoping they have enough sense to put him in the first team.

I'm glad I went down for this game, as it makes a nice change to see Ely on the right side of a hammering for once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund