Bannikov Or Not?

I was surprised to see that Arsenal's game against Kryvbas on Saturday may be played at Bannikov. This seems strange, as Obolon were told it was too small for the Vishe Liha nevermind the new Premier League. I'm pretty sure that the game will be moved to Dynamo, but the fact that they are even considering it seems to suggest that relations between Arsenal and Dynamo have deteriorated and that the Premier League might be full of the double standards that have plagued Ukrainian football. After all the Premier League was the brain child of the Presidents of Arsenal and FK Kharkiv with Shakhtar and Dynamo allegedly joining in because they were sick of fines from the PFL.

Either way it looks like I won't be able to go to the game, as I have a lot of work commitments this weekend, so I am hoping that the game won't be at Bannikov, as one of my last unfulfilled ambitions regarding watching Ukrainian football is to see a game at this stadium, well a meaningful one at least.

Hopefully I'll make the Knyazha v Obolon game at Boryspil on Sunday, but even that looks doubtful at the moment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boca Juniors shirt history

shirt history AS Roma

Sud Tribune, Dortmund