A Quick Round Up -The Daddy of Derby Days


Well, I missed out on live football this weekend, but I'm glad I didn't miss out on one of the greatest derby games in livivng memory on the box.


I met Rob, Bo, Sid and Rol at the new German bar on Lisenko. The game started off as tense as usual, and I have to admit in the first 10 minutes I thought that the Noses might even snatch one. However, what followed was beyond all expectations. Villa roled out 5-1 winners with 2 goals from Ashley Young, 2 from Big Bad John Carew and one from Gaby Agbonalahor. The whole game was a bit of a blur for me, as Derby games tend to be, although the serious drinking (of champagne) didn't get started until after the match, so I've been re-living it here: http://www.1000goals.com/aston-villa-vs-birmingham-highlights


In Ukraine it was a good week for Kyiv's clubs with Milevskiy scoring twice and Shatskhi another against Naftovik away. Arsenal pulled off a surprise victory beating Dnipro 2-1 on Friday afternoon, with Selezinov scoring 2 goals and heading to the top of the scorer charts.

There were also big wins for Metalist who beat Karpaty 4-0 and Shakhtar who beat Metalurh Zapporizhya by the same score.
The picture at the top shows John Carew making it 2-0 with a glancing header, knicked from the Birmingham Post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund