Playlist for April



If the jukebox below doesn't work the songs can be found here:http://grooveshark.com/playlist/April+2013/86095488

April 2013 by jim_bomb on Grooveshark
1 Рубль – Время водка
Rubl were a new find for me this month. A band fronted by Leningrad's Sergei Shurov making rude but witty songs about drinking that have got them banned from performing in several places in Moscow. To give you a flavour this one is called Vodka Time.

2 Wax Tailor – Where My Heart's At
A bit of French trip hop that has helped me keep my sanity at work recently

3 Ляпис Трубецкой – В платье белом
A band from Belarus who were popular, and who I saw live in Moscow when I lived there. This band really helped me to learn Russian. This is one of their songs from that time with quite simple lyrics. This one translates as In A White Dress.

4 Orbital - Stringy Acid
I got back into these techno pioneers from back in the day when they release their latest album, Wonky, last year. The single with the same name was a song I listened to a lot last year. I've been listening to some older stuff by them recently, but this track comes from that album.

5 Echo & the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
I was up in Liverpool earlier in April and I had a great time, so I've been listening to a few Liverpool bands since then, this is the first one of a few in the monthly playlist.

6 Mogwai - George Square Thatcher Death Party
There was something to celebrate at the start of April. The clue to what it was is in the title to this song, which I had on almost continuously for a couple of days.

7 Ундервуд - Чехов это я
These 2 doctors from the Crimea have had a lot of plays over the last few months. Last time they appeared in a monthly playlist they were singing about Gagarin, this time it's Checkhov.

8 The Coral - In the Morning
One of those bands that I've been listening from time to time for a long time and the second Liverpool band to feature in the playlist this month,.

9 Ленинград – Без тебя пиздец
Sergei Shnurov's old band. A bit more ska and a bit more reggae than Rubl, but still as controversial. I should have probably chosen a different song than this one though!

10 Ocean Colour Scene - The Riverboat Song
Before they made it big(ish) me and Macca were once the only 2 people to turn up to one of their concerts when we were still at school. They are another one of those bands that I listen to now and again, but never really go overboard with.

11 Billy Bragg - An Accident Waiting to Happen
I've had quite a political month, so nice to see Billy get on the playlist.

12 Frankie Paul - Pass the Tu-sheng Peng
You have to have a bit of proper reggae now and again.

13 I'm from Barcelona - The Painter
Well, the sun has finally come out and there is no better band to listen to when the weather is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund