Pisa SC Arena Garibaldi

 Last week was a quiet week for football with me between a forest and the sea on the Tuscan coast. It was also an international break, so football chances were limited. We visited the Leaning Tower in nearby Pisa, but spotted not far away were the floodlights of Arena Garibaldi, so I had to go and have a look.

Pisa are currently top of Serie B, but it is early days yet. I remember them being in Serie A in the 1980s when Paul Elliot went and joined them and then when I went to Italy they were on the verge of bankruptcy in C1. Their fate seems to always be in direct opposition to nearby rivals Livorno. Livorno are currently in Serie D, so can Pisa get back to Serie A? I'll be watching to see how that progresses. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boca Juniors shirt history

shirt history AS Roma

Sud Tribune, Dortmund