Ely Tigers 21 Cantabrigian 12

 I am not going to pretend to know much about rugby. I can follow it OK on TV, but rarely go to a live game. It was just this Saturday there was a train strike on and even if there hadn't been the only match on locally was Peterborough v Salford in the FA Cup, which if it wasn't for the strike I would have gone to. It finished 0-0 anyway and although the strike was cancelled at the last minute, I don't feel too upset about missing it. The other choice was Ely Reserves v Iselham in the cup, but I'd heard the Reserves had a depleted team and paying £3 for basically park football is a bit of a cheek.

I have been catching a bit of rugby on TV lately and I have quite enjoyed the Gallagher Premiership and there have been some exciting games and finishes. For a while every time I watched a game there seemed to be far too much kicking and that had put me off.

The game between Ely and Cantabs was entertaining enough, but the slippery conditions led to quite a few handling errors. At least there wasn't too much kicking though. Ely seemed to have control of most of the game without being safe enough to keep it interesting.

The bar was pretty well stocked and you could watch the game from inside when the rain got a bit too heavy. It wasn't a bad day really and I might be tempted to go back again when I have a free Saturday.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boca Juniors shirt history

shirt history AS Roma

Sud Tribune, Dortmund