Konchezaspa without a game (12/04/10)



As I was saying one of the most predictable things about Ukrainian football is the unpredicatable fixture list, so when I saw that Dynamo 2 were playing the table topping PFK Sevastapol in the first league on the 12 April at 3 o'clock I was a bit unsure that it would take place. However, a last minute check on the Internet and in 'Komanda', the daily football paper my fears were put to the back of my mind and I felt pretty pleased. Me and Sean took the arduous journey to the village of Chapaevka and got their in record time and I had a chance to see if the Slavutych beer in the bar over the road was as good as it was when I went to see the now defunct CSKA play the Sevastapol 2 years previously. The Slavutych was still good, but I have to say that the Slavutych in the much more downmarket Mister Snack on Vulitsa Bohdan Khmelnitskiy in town is better.

Anyway, as kick off approached nothing much seemed to be happening at the 'stadium', which is also the training camp of Dynamo. I asked a bloke who was cleaning the paths and he said the game was on and let us in through the gate (Can you imagine getting into a Premier League's training HQ with so little effort?) Things really didn't look good, as the only sign of life was a rather young looking bunch of Dynamo players training on one of the near pitches rather than the far pitches where Dynamo 2 play. When we got to the pitch a security guard came over to inform us that the day had been declared a day of mourning by the Professional Football League due to the death of the Polish president in a plane crash in Russia a couple of days before. He told us to come back the next day and the game would be on, but we didn't. For the record Dynamo won 1-0 and one of the players I saw in training scored the goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shirt history AS Roma

Boca Juniors shirt history

Sud Tribune, Dortmund